We are so excited to be launching an online summer reading challenge this year! Starting June 30, anyone (all ages are welcome! There are challenges for kids and adults!) can register to participate in our summer reading program with Beanstack.
How It Works:
The challenges will run through August 28, 2020. Participants complete the challenge by earning at least 5 badges, which will make them eligible for a prize (specific prizes TBA) at the end of the summer!
Badges can be earned in the following ways:
- Log your reading time
- Write reviews to share with other readers
- Complete activities by fulfilling challenge prompts with different kinds of books
Beanstack offers a website and a mobile app to make it easy, or you can ask for a paper reading log at the library if you would prefer. Join us to earn prizes and discover great books this summer!
Read Woke From Home Challenge
We are also participating in the “Read Woke From Home” Challenge, born of a movement by school librarian Cicely Lewis to encourage students to read books that:
- challenge a social norm
- give voices and platforms to groups that have been marginalized in publishing
- provide information about a group that has been disenfranchised
- seek to challenge the status quo
- have a protagonist from an underrepresented or oppressed group.
This movement has been expanded to readers of all ages on Beanstack to help us all diversify our reading between June 30 and the end of the year! The reading is its own reward for this challenge.
Stay tuned and check back on our website for links to Beanstack when we go live on June 30. Questions? Feel free to contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 354-2453.