About the Library
The Thomaston Public Library is housed in the Thomaston Academy
Building, at 60 Main Street in downtown Thomaston. The library,
incorporated in 1898, has had several homes over the years, and
five years ago underwent a major
renovation. The library has about 25,000
books, movies, magazines, newspapers and children's materials
available to be checked out. We have free access to 8 computers and
wireless access to the internet throughout the building. Come visit
our Community Living Room today to meet with friends, curl up with a
good book, or sit and read the paper. We hope to see you soon!
- Items in collection: ~25,181
- DVDs in collection: ~1,306
- Children's Items in collection: ~8,571
- Public Computers Available: 8
- Senior Citizen / Student Library Card / Thomaston Resident - FREE
- Out of Town Library Card - $15.00
- Summer Resident Library Card - $7.00
- Wireless Internet: Available on all floors
- Book Circulation Period: 21 Days
- Movie Check out Period: 7 Days
Renewal Policy: You can renew as many times as needed, provided the item is not requested by another patron.
Late Fees: None! We only ask for a donation to Ye Olde Conscience Box
Visit the History page to read about
the 100+ year life of the Thomaston Public Library. A comprehensive chronology created by Library
Friend Alice Dashiell can be found here.
- Ann Harris, Head Librarian - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jocelyn Callaghan, Interlibrary Loans & Circulation Coordinator - email@example.com
- Joanna Hynd, Assistant Librarian, Children's Dept. - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alex Nimon, Tech Coordinator - email@example.com
- Blake Donaldson, Library Assistant
- Judy Hines, Library Assistant
Library Board of Trustees
Since the Library was founded in 1898, members of the Thomaston
community have served as Trustees to manage its operation. Currently,
eight people serve on the Board of Trustees, leaving one open seat.
The current Board of Trustees consists of:
- Janet Bosworth, chair
- William Dashiell, vice chair
- Greg Hamlin, secretary
- Kay Sylvester
- Linda Kruger
- Harold Willey
- Karen Clarke
- Patricia Smith
Interested in joining the Board?
members are appointed to terms measuring anywhere between one and three
years, and meet every other month or more often as needed. Board
members are very active in the Library's operation, including the
drafting of the annual appeal and budget, major purchases or
renovations, grant seeking and fund raising, and personnel
Friends of the Library
The Friends of the library: standing, from left to right:
Shirley Hamlin, Alice Dashiell, Lysbeth Andrews, Jeff
Carty, (treasurer). Seated, left to right: William Dashiell,
Amanda Shortall (secretary), Mei Ling Cheung, Erika Pfander,
Davene Fahy (outgoing president). Not pictured: Marla McGeady (incoming president) and Dena Davis.
Are you interested in helping the Thomaston Public Library
fulfill its mission of providing a safe and comfortable
place for people of all ages to find informative and
entertaining materials, free of cost?
The Friends of the Thomaston Public Library is a 501c3
Non-Profit fundraising group, dedicated to helping the
library continue to provide free materials and programs to
the Thomaston community. Their generous support pays
for many of the programs and items you see at the
For annual dues of only 50 cents, you can join this group
and become a part of the Library. The Friends organize
fundraising events and manage the Hallway Bookstore, help
out at library programs, and are an integral part of the
For more information about how to join this group and start
helping the Library today, contact the Friends of the
Library president, Marla McGeady,
or call the Library at (207) 354-2453.
The Friends' Hallway Bookshop
The Hallway Bookshop occupies the corridor between the main
library and the children's library.
- Hard cover book: $3.00
- Recycled Library Book: $1.50
- Trade Paperback: $1.00
- Mass market Paperback: $0.50
- Children's Hardcover: $0.50
- Children's Paperback: $0.25
- DVD/Music CD/Audio Book: $1.00
- VHS/Audio Book on cassette: $0.50
- Items on the Cream of the Crop shelf are priced individually.
Click to open a PDF version of the monthly reports from the
Thomaston Public Library. You need Adobe Reader to open a
PDF. Don't have Adobe Reader? You can download it for
free from here.