About the Library
The Thomaston Public Library is housed in the Thomaston Academy Building, at 60 Main Street in downtown Thomaston. The library, incorporated in 1898, has had several homes over the years, and five years ago underwent a major renovation. The library has about 25,000 books, movies, magazines, newspapers and children's materials available to be checked out. We have free access to 8 computers and wireless access to the internet throughout the building. Come visit our Community Living Room today to meet with friends, curl up with a good book, or sit and read the paper. We hope to see you soon!
- Items in collection: ~25,181
- DVDs in collection: ~1,306
- Children's Items in collection: ~8,571
- Public Computers Available: 8
- Senior Citizen / Student Library Card / Thomaston Resident - FREE
- Out of Town Library Card - $15.00
- Summer Resident Library Card - $7.00
- Wireless Internet: Available on all floors
- Book Circulation Period: 21 Days
- Movie Check out Period: 7 Days
Renewal Policy: You can renew as many times as needed, provided the item is not requested by another patron.
Late Fees: None! We only ask for a donation to Ye Olde Conscience Box